The proper handling of personal information by Carmarthenshire County Council is very important to the delivery of our services and maintaining public confidence.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. The terms ‘information’ and ‘personal data’ are used throughout this privacy notice and have the same meaning.
To ensure that the Council treats personal information correctly, we seek to adhere in full to the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. The purpose for which we use your personal data
The information we collect about you will be used for the purposes of procuring goods, works and services, including through tendering processes.
The legal basis for the processing of your information is to comply with our obligations under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
If you do not give us the information we need when we ask for it, this may result in us being unable to consider you as a supplier.
2. What type of information do we use?
We collect the following types of personal data about you to deliver this service:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Bank/payment details
- Your financial circumstances
- Employment and education details
3. Do we use information received from other sources?
To deliver this service, we only collect personal data directly from you and do not obtain information about you from any other source.
4. Transferring your information abroad
We use Microsoft Office 365 to process our electronic documents under the terms of a strict agreement, which safeguards your information. This personal data is hosted on servers outside the UK, but only in EU countries which are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We don’t transfer any other information about you outside of the UK.
5. Who has access to your information?
We share your information with the following recipients:
- The Council department which procures the goods, works or services
- The Council’s Health & Safety team
- The Council’s Financial Services division
There are other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where the Council is required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
- Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
6. How long we will keep your information
- Expressions of interest: 2 years after contract is let or not proceeded with
- Ordinary Contracts: 6 years after terms of the contract have expired
- Contracts under seal: 12 years after terms of the contract have expired
- Unsuccessful tenders: 1 year after start of the contract
- Opening notice; tender envelope: 1 year after start of the contract
This is in accordance with the Council’s Retention Guidelines.
7. Your Data Protection rights
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to the personal data that Carmarthenshire Council is processing about you
- Have any inaccurate or incomplete information rectified (corrected)
- Withdraw your consent to processing, where this is the only basis for the processing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body in the UK which protects information rights
In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- The erasure of your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Data portability
8. Contact details
For more information regarding this privacy notice and your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Carmarthenshire County Council
Contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office along with further guidance on Data Protection legislation can be found on the ICO website.