• Cymraeg
  • Skip to Content

Housing benefit

Housing Benefit helps people on low incomes to pay their rent. It can cover rent to a private landlord, to a Housing Association, or if you pay rent to Carmarthenshire County Council.

How much you may get will depend on your income and circumstances and how much of your rent is eligible for benefit. It may not cover all of the rent you are charged. You will need to pay for any part of your rent that is not covered by Housing Benefit.

Housing Benefit is also sometimes called Rent Allowance or Rent Rebate. If you have a low income, you may also be entitled to a Council Tax Reduction .

You can claim Housing Benefit and/or a Council Tax Reduction if you are in or out of work, you don't have to receive any other benefit to claim.

Main News Thumbnail

New telephone opening hours for Housing Benefit

Please be advised that Housing Benefit’s new telephone opening hours from Monday 4th December 2017 will be 8:45am to 1:00pm Monday through to Friday.

Page updated on: 01/12/2017

do it online