Day opportunities in Carmarthenshire provide a chance for people to take part in activities outside of the home whilst also providing a break for carers.
Some day opportunities are for people with mental health needs, learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities.
Other day opportunities are aimed at:
- Older people who need more planned care and attention
- Carers who need respite
- Older people who are lonely and need emotional or practical support
Day opportunities offer:
- A break from home
- A chance to learn new skills
- A chance to make new friends and meet other people
- Carers a break from their caring role
There are three Day Care Centres in Carmarthenshire:
- Myrddin Centre in Carmarthen,
- Llys y Bryn in Llanelli
- Cwmaman in Aman Gwendraeth.
There is a high demand for our day opportunities. If you feel that you, a relative or a friend, might like to attend a centre, please contact Social Care and we will discuss with you your needs and help identify what support you may need to continue living independently at home. How often you visit and how long you stay for will depend on your assessed needs. The amount you will have to pay for the service will depend on you financial circumstances.