We all have a responsibility to make sure that waste from our homes is disposed of properly. If your waste is found dumped, you could be fined up to £5,000.
If you are giving your waste to a tradesperson, always ask where they are taking your waste and check that they are a registered waste carrier by requesting to see that person's waste carrier licence.
This includes waste from:
- Builders, electricians, plumbers and roofers
- House clearers, skip hire, scrap metal dealers
- Carpenters and joiners, painters and decorators
- Kitchen, window and carpet fitters
- Gardeners, tree surgeons, and waste oil collectors
All waste carriers must be registered with Natural Resources Wales. If you have any doubts, call Natural Resources Wales on 03000 065 3000. You can find registered waste carriers in your area by visiting the Public Registers and searching for Waste Carriers and Dealers.
Remember you can take your household waste to your local recycling centre. We also collect large, bulky items from your home for a small fee.