How to pay your Business Rates
Payment of Non-Domestic Rates is to be made by 10 monthly instalments from April, due on or before the 15th of each month. If you become liable for Non-Domestic Rates during the year then your instalments will be adjusted according to the number of payment dates remaining.
The easiest and most convenient way to pay is by Direct debit. Setting up a Direct Debit is simple and free, and you can cancel them at any time by writing to your bank or building society.
- Your Direct Debit must be set up to be taken on or before the 15th of the month.
- You don't have to renew your Direct Debit each year.
- Direct Debit is guaranteed by the banks and building societies involved, so if a mistake is made you will get a full and immediate refund.
You will be notified in writing of the amounts, dates and frequency of payments to be deducted from your account and of any changes 10 days in advance, to give you time to query them if necessary.
If the payment details change you must fill in a new direct debit form and the changes you agree are made automatically.
You can set up your Direct Debit over the phone on 01554 742330.
Alternatively, you can print off the direct debit form, complete all sections and return to us at: Director of Corporate Services Ty Elwyn, Town Hall Square, Llanelli, SA15 3AP.
You can pay at one of our payment offices:
- Ammanford The Hwb, 41 Quay Street, Ammanford, SA18 3BS
- Carmarthen Hwb, 3, Spilman Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1LE
- Llanelli The Hwb, 36 Stryd Stepney, Llanelli SA15 3TR
- Llandeilo Library, Crescent Road, Llandeilo, SA19 6HW (self-service cash and debit/credit cards only)
Please make cheques payable to Carmarthenshire County Council.
More from Business Rates