Dragon Rider Cymru
Dragon Rider Cymru is a motorcycle training course supported by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency Enhanced Rider Scheme and Thunder Road Motorcycles of South Wales.
The Road Safety Teams from the Counties of Carmarthenshire, Swansea, Neath Port Talbot and Pembrokeshire, have worked in partnership to develop this course of advanced rider skills that is delivered by experienced and qualified motorcycle instructors who are accredited by the DVSA Register of Post Test Motorcycle Instructors. Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue service are also supporting the initiative.
The courses are held on weekends and are one day in duration. The course will consist of a morning classroom based session that takes place at designated Fire and Rescue stations in Carmarthen, Llanelli and Ammanford. The afternoon will be road based, using a variety of roads throughout the County and neighbouring counties to meet the motorcycle training needs of the individual rider, based on the advanced Police rider manual, Roadcraft.
Riders who have completed the Bikesafe course are encouraged to bring copies of their assessment forms for the afternoon session. The training ratio will be one instructor to a maximum of two riders for the on road element. Training will be tailored to meet the individual needs of the rider.
At the conclusion of the day participants will be issued with a certificate of competence that is recognised by a wide variety of insurance companies and may attract a premium discount.
How much does the course cost?
Thanks to Road Safety Grant funding from Welsh Government the course is FREE of charge to residents of Carmarthenshire.
- Monday 3rd April 2023, at 6:30pm
- Tuesday 16th May 2023, at 6:30pm
- Monday 19th June 2023, at 6:30pm
Courses will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams. Further information on how to access the course and the link to join will be emailed to you within the week of your scheduled course. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email email@example.com
Following the online course, you will be contacted by an instructor to arrange a suitable date and time to complete the practical element of the course.
Travel, Roads & Parking
- Emergency road closure
- Planned road closure
- Notification of roadworks only
- Portable traffic signal
- Permission to externally insulate a property
- Horse riding warning signs
- Tourism brown signs
- Permission for seasonal decorations
- Vehicle access (dropped kerb)
- Private access protection markings (H Bar)
- Disabled parking bay
- Resident's parking permit
- Dispensation waiver certificate
- Temporary Oversail Applications
Access to walking and cycling (Active Travel)
Electric Vehicle Charging
- Motorcycling clothing and helmet
- Motorcycle Training
- Biker Down! Cymru
- Dragon Rider Cymru
- Motorcycle CRASH card
Report a dead animal on the road
Report a problem on a road
- Report a pothole
- Report flooding / blocked drains on the highway
- Report a faulty street light
- Report overgrown vegetation / injurious weeds
- Report hazardous / fallen trees
- Report a trip hazard
- Report debris / obstruction / landslip
- Report Winter hazard
- Report defective road marking / sign
- Report damage to a highway structure
- Report faulty temporary traffic lights
- Report damaged fences / barriers
- Report a problem with a bus shelter
- Report an abandoned vehicle
- Report a damaged manhole cover / drain
- Report damaged / missing street furniture
- Report faulty permanent traffic lights
Report an abandoned vehicle
More from Travel, Roads & Parking