Additional learning needs: Decision-making process

6. What if I don't agree with the schools' decision?

If you disagree with the decision of a school about whether a learner has additional learning needs or with aspects of the Individual Development Plan prepared, you should:

  1. Contact your school to discuss your concerns.
  2. If you are still concerned, contact the Local Authority on 01267 246464 or email to discuss the problem. Our Parent Partnership Service can provide you with support and advice to help you resolve your problem.  
  3. If your problem has still not been resolved, ask the Local Authority to formally reconsider the school's decision. 
  4. If you are not happy with the Local Authority's decision, you may appeal to Education Tribunal Wales

Back to Additional Learning Needs