Member Remuneration

The Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (IRPW) is responsible for determining the level of payments to elected members of Councils, National Park Authorities and Fire & Rescue Authorities in Wales.

The Panel has produced a film on Councillor remuneration, which includes details on how you can claim a contribution towards costs of care and personal assistance, about what you can claim for such as reimbursement of costs of care for children or elderly dependents, as well as travel costs. View the film.



Council & Democracy