General household rubbish – that is, rubbish that cannot be recycled or composted is collected in black bags. This includes small amounts of hygiene waste such as incontinence pads and disposable bed pans; however, if you use a lot you may need an extra hygiene collection.
Remember you are allowed to put out a maximum of 4 black bags* every fortnight. (Black bags are not provided).
To ensure your bags are collected:
- Put your bags out before 6am on your collection day (and no earlier than 6pm the evening before)
- Use standard size black bags.
- Make sure they are not too heavy - if you have ash waste please contact us.
- If you have dog mess to dispose of make sure it is double bagged and mixed in with other types of waste
- Do not put your bags in wheelie bins. They will not be collected for health and safety reasons. We collect from ordinary dustbins, as long as the waste is bagged.
- Do not put garden waste in black bags.
* If you are a large family and you are finding it difficult to keep to the four black bag limit please get in touch.
Your black bags are currently taken to the landfill site at Nantycaws, Carmarthen. However, a regional partnership has been set up to look at other ways of treating this type of waste.
Page updated on: 26/03/2018
More from Recycling, Bins and Litter