General household rubbish – that is, rubbish that cannot be recycled or composted is collected in black bags.
Remember you can put out a maximum of three black bags every fortnight, so it is more important than ever to recycle. If you are struggling to keep to the limit because you have ash waste or If you are a large family of 6 or over, then you can apply for an increase to your black bag limit.
If you have hygiene waste such as incontinence pads, these are collected in a purple bag. You can apply online for our free hygiene collection service.
To ensure your bags are collected:
- Put your bags out the night before your collection.
- Use standard size black bags.
- Make sure they are not too heavy - if you have ash waste please contact us.
- If you have dog mess to dispose of make sure it is double bagged and mixed in with other types of waste
- Do not put your bags in wheelie bins. They will not be collected for health and safety reasons. We collect from ordinary dustbins, as long as the waste is bagged.
- Do not put garden waste in black bags.
- Do not put clinical waste* in black bags.
*This waste cannot be placed into black bags and must be collected by Hywel Dda University Health Board. If you require a collection of this type of waste from your home please visit their website or call 01269 845554.