Blue bags - Recycling
We deliver three rolls of blue bags to every household annually. You can put out as many blue bags as you like every week. Keep all your recyclables dry and clean. Remember to wash and squash - filling every bag to the brim could save you a trip to collect an extra roll.
Use to recycle:
- Metal cans and tins, aerosols, and foil
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs, and trays
- Paper, cardboard and cartons
- Never put glass in your blue bags as it is dangerous for our workers – use your glass recycling collection box if you have one or recycle it at one of our bottle banks instead
- Blue/black bags will not be collected from wheelie bins for health and safety reasons. Please put your blue/black bags out for collection at the kerbside. We will collect from ordinary dustbins, as long as the waste is bagged.
All recycling bags with the wrong items in will be marked with a sticker and left behind for you to resort.