Wernddu HWRC, Trapp Road, Wernddu, Ammanford, Carmarthenshire SA18 2NE
- 01267 225520
- Opening Times
- How to find us
|Day||Summer opening times (April 1 - Sep 30)||Winter opening times (Oct 1 – March 31)|
|Monday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
|Tuesday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
|Wednesday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
|Thursday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
|Friday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
|Saturday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
|Sunday||8.30am-6pm||8.30am - 4pm|
The site is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve 8.30am – 12pm.
Some items may incur a charge for disposal at this site:
- Fire extinguishers and whole sheets of asbestos
- Plasterboard and bagged asbestos – up to three double bagged bags free, thereafter a charge will be incurred
- Tyres and gas bottles are not accepted.
- Merlin’s Magic Compost for sale here
- Find out what is accepted at this site
- Our recycling centres cannot accept business waste
Sort it before you bring it!
From October 7th if you bring any black bags to the recycling centre you will have to open them and place any recyclable items into the correct bin. Read our FAQs for more information.
Residency checks will be carried out, so you will need to have one of the following with you to show to the attendant at the site entrance:
- Driving licence
- Your current Council Tax bill
- A utility bill, (no older than 3 months)
Depending on the type of vehicle you are using, you may be required to apply for a free permit to use the recycling centres.
More from Recycling, Bins and Litter