If you live in Wales and are aged 60 or over or disabled you may be entitled to free travel within Wales. The pass can be used at any time of day. A disabled person may request one companion pass for when they require assistance to travel.
Application forms are available from Post Office branches. The completed form must be presented at the Post Office counter along with proof of address and eligibility and one recent passport-approved colour photograph. If the application is approved the travel pass will be posted to you within 21 days of receipt by the Post Office.
If you are applying on disability grounds and do not meet the eligibility criteria on the application form you will need to make your application to us (using the same application form below) and complete an additional disabled eligibility assessment form. The information supplied will allow us to seek independent medical evidence to inform our decision. For information please contact 01267 234567 or email ConFares@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
You must be a permanent resident of Carmarthenshire and must satisfy one of the criteria listed below, producing appropriate documentation for verification.
- Women and men aged 60 and over.
- Blind and partially sighted persons
- Persons with impaired hearing
- Persons without speech
- Persons without arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
- Persons with a learning disability
- Persons with a disability or suffering from an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to walk
- Persons who would be refused a driving licence on health grounds
- Persons receiving War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement or Tariffs 1 - 8 of the War Veterans Compensation Scheme
The Travel Pass entitles you to:
- Unrestricted free travel on registered local bus services throughout Wales. (N.B. Only those bus services registered in their entirety as local services with the Traffic Commissioner may participate in the scheme).
- Carmarthenshire pass holders may also use the Travel Pass to travel at half the usual fare on qualifying Country Cars journeys.
The Travel Pass does not entitle you to free travel on the following:
- Taxi journeys
- Ferry services
- Coach excursions or tours
- National Express services
Page updated on: 25/10/2018
More from Travel, Roads & Parking