Country Cars is a community based car sharing scheme wherein volunteer drivers give lifts to Carmarthenshire residents who would otherwise be unable to make essential local journeys within Carmarthenshire. Country Cars is designed to be a public transport ‘safety net’, providing links to bus and train, or door-to-door transport when needed, for individual and occasional needs.
Are you eligible?
You can use it provided that your trip is essential and you have no other reasonable means of transport. Country Cars cannot compete with other forms of transport, especially local buses, trains, taxis and transport provided by other bodies such as The Welsh Ambulance Services’ non-emergency Patient Care Service.
Please contact us on 01267 234567 to answer a few questions to find out if you're eligible to use the service.
To amend or cancel a journey please contact your driver or Royal Voluntary Service on 07585997091.
How to become a volunteer
If you enjoy driving and want to make a difference to the lives of the people in your local area, we 'd love you to be a volunteer. You don't have to drive to volunteer, we also need volunteers to help organise journeys.
To find out more about volunteering for Country Cars please contact the Royal Voluntary Service on 07585997091.
Travel, Roads & Parking
- Emergency road closure
- Planned road closure
- Notification of roadworks only
- Portable traffic signal
- Permission to externally insulate a property
- Horse riding warning signs
- Tourism brown signs
- Permission for seasonal decorations
- Vehicle access (dropped kerb)
- Private access protection markings (H Bar)
- Disabled parking bay
- Resident's parking permit
- Dispensation waiver certificate
- Temporary Oversail Applications
Access to walking and cycling (Active Travel)
Electric Vehicle Charging
- Motorcycling clothing and helmet
- Motorcycle Training
- Biker Down! Cymru
- Dragon Rider Cymru
- Motorcycle CRASH card
Report a dead animal on the road
Report a problem on a road
- Report a pothole
- Report flooding / blocked drains on the highway
- Report a faulty street light
- Report overgrown vegetation / injurious weeds
- Report hazardous / fallen trees
- Report a trip hazard
- Report debris / obstruction / landslip
- Report Winter hazard
- Report defective road marking / sign
- Report damage to a highway structure
- Report faulty temporary traffic lights
- Report damaged fences / barriers
- Report a problem with a bus shelter
- Report an abandoned vehicle
- Report a damaged manhole cover / drain
- Report damaged / missing street furniture
- Report faulty permanent traffic lights
Report an abandoned vehicle
More from Travel, Roads & Parking