If you are on a low income you could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent or a Council Tax Reduction to help towards your Council Tax payments. You can make a claim whether you’re unemployed or working. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances.

From December 12th 2018 Universal Credit Full Service has been rolled out in Carmarthenshire. For some claimants Housing benefit will be replaced by Universal Credit. Following this date, if you make a new claim for Housing Benefit you may be asked to claim Universal Credit. For more information head over to the Universal Credit section of the website.