You must give notice at the following stages of work:
- Commencement of work - 48 hours notice
- Excavation of foundations - 24 hours notice
- Concrete for foundations - 24 hours notice
- Damp proof course - 24 hours notice
- Oversite - 24 hours notice
- Inspection of drains stage 1 (soil and surface water) - 24 hours notice
- Inspection of drains stage 2 - Not more than 5 days after completion of drains
- Occupation - At least 5 days before
- Completion - Not more than 5 days after
We may also wish to inspect the following elements of the work before covering up:
- Floor joists, roof structure and structural steelwork
If you make a request for a visit before 10.00 am, we can normally inspect on the same day. When the work is completed your builder should notify us to enable a final inspection to be made and a Completion Certificate issued. A Completion Certificate is very important especially if the property changes hands, as purchasers want to know if extensions or alterations have been completed satisfactorily.
What you can expect from us
We will provide you with a reliable and professional service. Our highly trained, experienced Building Control Surveyors have extensive local and technical knowledge. We offer free advice and guidance to all applicants and same day inspection service if requested before 10am. We can liaise with other Council Departments and statutory authorities including Mid & West Wales Fire and Rescue Service.
Do you need building regulation permissions?
Building regulation applications
More from Building Control