National Non Domestic Rates (NNDR or Commercial Rates) is a charge levied on commercial properties and collected by the Local Authority since 1990. The amounts collected by all the authorities in Wales are pooled together and redistributed to local councils by the National Assembly for Wales.
The funds from the pool in addition to other funding we receive helps pay for the services provided in your area. We receive the following funding National Assembly for Wales - Revenue Support Grant, local residents - Council Tax, local businesses - Non Domestic Rates redistributed by the National Assembly for Wales.
Payment of Non Domestic Rates is to be made by 10 monthly instalments from April, due on or before the 15th of each month. If you become liable for Non Domestic Rates during the year then your instalments will be adjusted according to the number of payment dates remaining.
In person or by post
You can pay at one of the Council’s payment offices:
Please make cheques payable to Carmarthenshire County Council.
- Ammanford The Hub, 41 Quay Street, Ammanford, SA18 3BS
- Carmarthen Council Offices, 3, Spilman Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1LE
- Llanelli The Hub, 36 Stryd Stepney, Llanelli SA15 3TR
- Llandeilo Library, Crescent Road, Llandeilo, SA19 6HW (self-service cash and debit / credit cards only)
The easiest and most convenient way to pay is by Direct debit.
- Setting up a Direct Debit is simple and free, and you can cancel them at any time by writing to your bank or building society.
- You don't have to renew your Direct Debit each year.
- Direct Debit is guaranteed by the banks and building societies involved, so if a mistake is made you will get a full and immediate refund.
You will be notified in writing of the amounts, dates and frequency of payments to be deducted from your account and of any changes 10 days in advance, to give you time to query them if necessary.
If the payment details change you must fill in a new direct debit form and the changes you agree are made automatically.
You can set up your Direct Debit over the phone on 01554 742330.
Alternatively you can print off the Direct Debit form, complete all sections and return to us at: Director of Corporate Services Ty Elwyn, Town Hall Square, Llanelli, SA15 3AP.
We also accept online payments. You will need:
- Account reference
- Account name
- Amount you wish to pay
We accept the following types of credit / debit cards - Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Solo, Visa Delta.
More from Business Rates