Cabinet Vision Statement 2022 - 2027 (July 2022)
In this section
Health and Social Care
Live Well - Enabling our Residents to live and age well
- To work with Hywel Dda University Health Board to deliver seamless integrated Health and Social Care wherever possible.
- Invest in local efficient council run services to rebalance the market across all elements of adult and children social care.
- Increase the level of supported accommodation to specifically facilitate safe discharge from hospital and/or the need for residential care for vulnerable adults.
- Further expand the Delta Connect service to provide proactive technology enabled care to vulnerable people within their own homes together with a package of emergency support, monitoring, and wellbeing calls.
- Work with the Health Board to provide readily accessible and appropriate levels of support to all with Mental Health issues with an expansion of access and support to Children and Vulnerable Adults.
- Further support a Care Academy giving a career pathway for care work, including professional development and training for young people leaving school. Work to double the number of staff supported to gain a Social Work degree.
- Support the ambition to rebalance the market and take profit out of children’s care by opening of a Children’s Home for children with complex needs in Carmarthenshire.
- Work with Welsh Government to create and define a National Care Service that delivers national standards of care with local delivery of services to meet our community’s needs.
- Continue to better integrate health and care and work towards parity of recognition and reward for health and care workers.
- Continue to provide support to keep children at home with their families and out of the care system wherever possible and lobby Welsh Government to provide additional resources for foster and kinship carers to support the children in their care.
- Continue to improve the support available to carers across the county.
- Develop preventative services to meet the demands of an ageing population.