Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

Page updated on: 24/03/2023

The Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) provides £400 to help with energy bills for households that do not have a domestic energy meter or do not pay bills directly to an energy supplier. 

The support is provided by UK Government and is delivered by local authorities. 

The scheme is now open to all eligible households until 31 May 2023.



You may be eligible to apply if your main home is:

  • a residential park home such as a mobile home or static caravan
  • on a boat on a permanent residential mooring
  • on a permanent Gypsy and Traveller site
  • part of a heat network without an electricity meter
  • in social or private rented accommodation which has a business energy connection or a communal electricity supply
  • off the mains electricity or gas grid
  • in a care home or assisted living facility and you pay for some or all of your care (directly or through loss of pension or other benefits)
  • in a separate domestic home within a non-domestic property (such as a farmhouse or a flat above a shop) 

Further information can be found on the GOV.UK website.


How to apply

If you are eligible, you will need to complete the application form on the GOV.UK website .

If you cannot apply online, you can apply by calling 08081 753 287.  

Your application will be processed by UK Government, not the Council. 

If your application is successful, your details will be shared with the Council who will make the payment. The payment will be made directly into your bank account in a single instalment.