Additional learning needs: Decision-making process
In this section
- 4. What is an Individual Development Plan?
- 5. Who is able to support in making decisions?
- 6. What if I don't agree with the schools' decision?
6. What if I don't agree with the schools' decision?
If you disagree with the decision of a school about whether a learner has additional learning needs or with aspects of the Individual Development Plan prepared, you should:
- Contact your school to discuss your concerns.
- If you are still concerned, contact the Local Authority on 01267 246464 or email ALNQueries@carmarthenshire.gov.uk to discuss the problem. Our Parent Partnership Service can provide you with support and advice to help you resolve your problem.
- If your problem has still not been resolved, ask the Local Authority to formally reconsider the school's decision.
- If you are not happy with the Local Authority's decision, you may appeal to Education Tribunal Wales.