Every school has a designated catchment area which it serves. If you live within the designated catchment area of a school then you will stand a better chance of your application to the school being successful. There is, however, no guarantee of a place.
Children who live within the catchment area of a school will also stand a better chance of qualifying for free transport to and from school.
You can choose to send your child to any school in the County but you may not be successful in getting a place. With the exception of nursery places for 3 year olds you do have the right to appeal if your application is refused.
When your child moves from primary to secondary school, your application for a school place and free school transport is based on your home address and not the primary school your child attended.
How to search for a catchment area:
- Please select the type of catchment area you are looking for from the drop down list.
- Select the type of school you are looking for.
- Enter your postcode and press enter.
- Your address will appear on the map as a house icon, positioned within an outlined catchment area, please zoom in for accuracy.
- Schools will appear on the map as blue icons, click on the blue icons to access information on the school.
More from Education & Schools