A guide to Planning Enforcement in Carmarthenshire

What if I am dissatisfied with the way the case was managed?

If you are dissatisfied with the way the investigation is/has been managed (rather than being unhappy with the outcome if it has been decided that no action can be taken), you should, in the first instance, raise these concerns with the relevant manager within the planning service. If, having done that, you are still dissatisfied with the team’s handling of your enquiry; you may submit a complaint using the Council’s corporate procedure which is set out in two stages.

Complaints and Compliments Team County Hall
Carmarthen SA31 1JP
Tel: 01267 234567

Make a complaint

If, having received the Council’s final response to your complaint, you are still not satisfied with the outcome; you can refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman. Please note The Ombudsman will not investigate any complaint until the complainant has first followed the Council’s own corporate complaints procedure and sought resolution directly with the council in the first instance.