Second Deposit Revised Local Development Plan
The Deposit Revised LDP sets out a strategy, vision, strategic and specific policies, proposals and development allocations. The Plan covers the area of Carmarthenshire excluding the National Park.
The Deposit Revised LDP identifies and allocates land for housing and employment purposes and indicates where these and other uses will be permitted. It also identifies areas where policies designed to protect and enhance the environment from inappropriate developments apply.
The first Deposit Revised LDP was published on 29 January 2020 and the consultation period extended until 27th March 2020. A further consultation period for the Plan was undertaken between 11 September to 2 October 2020. To view this version of the Plan, please click on the “First Deposit Revised LDP” box below.
The Second Revised LDP was published for consultation on 17 February 2023 with the consultation closing on the 14 April 2023.
Representations / comments submitted as part of the consultation on the first Deposit Revised LDP will no longer be considered. Only those submitted as part of the second Deposit will be considered and forwarded to the Inspector. Any previous representations / comments must have been resubmitted as part of consultation on the second Deposit Revised LDP.
- View the Second Revised LDP Written Statement
- View the Second Revised LDP Proposal Map and Insets Maps
Further supporting documents are available as part of the evidence base.
Please click here for guidance notes on using the Interactive Maps
FAQs - Planning
Extending / changing your home
- Lawful Development Certificate
- Pre-application advice service
- Householder planning permission
- Neighbouring properties / party walls
- Bats and nesting birds
- Conservation areas
- Listed buildings
Search for a planning application
Comment on a planning application
Submit a planning application
Pre-application consultation (PAC)
How planning decisions are made
Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS)
Breach of planning
Building a new house
Highways planning liaison
Major Planning Applications
- Local Development Plan 2006 - 2021
- LDP Review Report
- Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
- Affordable Housing
- Affordable Housing areas
- Annual Monitoring Report (AMR)
- Housing Land Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
My Nearest - Planning information
- Understanding listing
- When is listed building consent required?
- Alterations to Listed Buildings
- Applying for listed building consent
- What happens after a decision on listed building consent has been made?
- Works to a listed building without consent
- Maintenance and Repair
- Further sources of information
Street naming & numbering
Local Development Plan 2018 - 2033
- Integrated Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Delivery Agreement
- Candidate Sites
- Inspector’s Report and Adoption
- Submission and Independent Examination
- Second Deposit Revised Local Development Plan
- Preferred Strategy (Pre-Deposit Public Consultation)
- Development of an evidence base
- Frequently asked questions
- First Deposit Revised LDP
Planning permission for developers
- Section 106: Affordable homes
- Section 106: Planning obligations
- Development Viability Model (DVM) Assessment Tool
Local Development Order (LDO)
Apply for Section 106 funds
Conservation & countryside
- Why biodiversity matters?
- Priority Species in Carmarthenshire
- Priority Habitats in Carmarthenshire
- Carmarthenshire Nature Partnership
- HLF Bogs project
- Marsh fritillary project
- Get out and about!
- Legislation and Guidance
- Protected sites
- Ash dieback disease
- Wildlife in your Ward
More from Planning