Emergency road closure
Applications will only be accepted as an emergency when there is immediate danger to road users or the public. Minor leaks are not considered an emergency and you will need to apply for a planned road closure in these situations. If you can maintain a road width of 3.2 metres or more, you do not need to apply for a road closure but you will need to notify us of the works and depending on the nature of the roadworks you may need to apply for portable traffic lights and the relevant street works licence.
Examples of an emergency
- Extreme water main burst
- Severe gas leak
- Sink hole
- Power cables on the road
Emergency road closure fees
Emergency road closures cost £1632. We accept debit / credit card payments.
We can also provide a signage schedule for temporary signs for the alternative route, this would be at an additional cost of £230.
How to apply
To apply for an emergency road closure, you will need to provide:
- Photographic and/or written evidence to prove the immediate danger to road users or the public. Failure to supply adequate evidence will result in the need for a site meeting to be conducted before works can commence.
- Suitable alternative route that can be used.
- Location plan of the closure.
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to phone us on 01267 228279 / 228243 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) for approval prior to works commencing. Outside of office hours, phone 0300 333 2222.
Travel, Roads & Parking
- Emergency road closure
- Planned road closure
- Notification of roadworks only
- Portable traffic signal
- Permission to externally insulate a property
- Horse riding warning signs
- Tourism brown signs
- Permission for seasonal decorations
- Vehicle access (dropped kerb)
- Private access protection markings (H Bar)
- Disabled parking bay
- Resident's parking permit
- Dispensation waiver certificate
Access to walking and cycling (Active Travel)
Electric Vehicle Charging
- Motorcycling clothing and helmet
- Motorcycle Training
- Biker Down! Cymru
- Dragon Rider Cymru
- Motorcycle CRASH card
Report a dead animal on the road
Report a problem on a road
- Report a pothole
- Report flooding / blocked drains on the highway
- Report a faulty street light
- Report overgrown vegetation / injurious weeds
- Report hazardous / fallen trees
- Report a trip hazard
- Report debris / obstruction / landslip
- Report Winter hazard
- Report defective road marking / sign
- Report damage to a highway structure
- Report faulty temporary traffic lights
- Report damaged fences / barriers
- Report a problem with a bus shelter
- Report an abandoned vehicle
- Report a damaged manhole cover / drain
- Report damaged / missing street furniture
- Report faulty permanent traffic lights
Report an abandoned vehicle
More from Travel, Roads & Parking