Notification of roadworks only

Page updated on: 07/09/2023

If you can maintain a road width of 3.2 metres or more or keep the road open to residents e.g on a cul-de-sac, you do not need to apply for a road closure but you will need to notify us of the works at least 3 weeks in advance. Depending on the nature of the roadworks you may need to apply for portable traffic lights and the relevant street works licence.

To apply for a notification of works, you will need to provide:

  • Location plan of the works
  • Duration of works
  • Start and end date of works

There is no fee for this type of application.

Works should only commence after you have received an email confirming approval.

Notification of roadworks

Travel, Roads & Parking