Report damaged fences / barriers
We use barriers and fences to protect all route users, for instance:
- pedestrians - railings between the pavement and roads
- motor vehicles - crash barriers and central reservations
Unstable fences, walls, barriers and other street furniture next to the public highway can present risks to the safety of highway users.
To report a problem with a safety fence or barrier, the following information would be extremely useful:
- Area Location - street name/address/landmark and use the map to locate or describe where it is exactly
- Location - is it in the middle of the road or near/on the kerb and which side of the road
- Type of barrier or railings - material, colour, pedestrian, roadside
- Damage - description of damage and any obstruction
- Photo - you can take a photo on your smartphone where it is safe to do so and upload it
To report an emergency, please contact us during office hours on 01267 234567 or outside normal office hours on 0300 333 2222. During severe weather, you may have to hold the line for an operator. Incidents will be dealt with in priority order.
Please note: Issues reported outside of office hours will be reviewed the next working day, subject to available resources.
More from Travel, Roads & Parking