Apply for events in a town centre
You will need to apply for a consent letter from the Street Care team if you wish to hold a non-profit making, non-commercial and/or a charitable event in the following locations:
- Quay Street, Ammanford
- Nott Square and/or Guildhall Square, Carmarthen
- Stepney Street and/or Vaughan Street, Llanelli.
How to apply
You will need to provide the following information:
- Purpose of the event
- Dates and Times
It will take at least 14 days to process your application.
Submit your completed application to via email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Environment Department, Street Care, Parc Myrddin, Richmond Terrace, Carmarthen, SA31 1HQ
If your application is approved you will be subject to the conditions listed below:
- The applicant will indemnify and keep indemnified the Council against all distress, actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, damages and expenses which may be levied brought or made against it by reason of any matter which is carried out under the consent.
- The indemnity provided by the Policy shall not be less than £2,000,000 for any one accident or any one claim, unlimited for personal injury or death. The applicant may be required to provide proof of the insurance cover.
- Access for emergency vehicles must be maintained at all times.
- Applicant to liaise with the emergency services and local business
Please note you must also obtain any other consent, licence or permission which may be required to legally hold your event. For example: if any food is to be served, you will be selling items or making charitable collections you will need to ensure that you have the relevant licences.
More from Licensing & Permits