By working with partner organisations we aim to reduce the number of people killed and seriously injured on our roads by providing a variety of interventions, through different means, including enhanced rider training, collision scene management and first aid training, providing riders with a CRASH card, and by giving novice riders the extra knowledge to keep them safer on the roads.
We will also be targeting the wider road user public by highlighting the vulnerabilities of motorcyclists in Carmarthenshire.
Anyone who rides a motorcycle or scooter knows that they can be the quickest way to get around. Riding them is also exhilarating. But with traffic conditions these days, it’s more important than ever that you can deal with the unexpected.
Make sure you:
- Anticipate the actions of motorists.
- Always be alert and observant. Important when you are negotiating junctions or roundabouts; and when you need to look out for other vulnerable road users.
- Ensure that you ride at a speed that will enable you to slow down and stop in good time. The unexpected can happen.
- Overtake safely. Can you see hazards? Is there a bend or a junction? Can you overtake without speeding up or swerving too much?
- Always take a ‘lifesaver’ glance over your shoulder before carrying out manoeuvres.
- Make sure that you are seen. Dipped headlights, even in good daylight, can help you to be seen.
Travel, Roads & Parking
- Emergency road closure
- Planned road closure
- Notification of roadworks only
- Portable traffic signal
- Permission to externally insulate a property
- Horse riding warning signs
- Tourism brown signs
- Permission for seasonal decorations
- Vehicle access (dropped kerb)
- Private access protection markings (H Bar)
- Disabled parking bay
- Resident's parking permit
- Dispensation waiver certificate
- Temporary Oversail Applications
Access to walking and cycling (Active Travel)
Electric Vehicle Charging
- Motorcycling clothing and helmet
- Motorcycle Training
- Biker Down! Cymru
- Dragon Rider Cymru
- Motorcycle CRASH card
Report a dead animal on the road
Report a problem on a road
- Report a pothole
- Report flooding / blocked drains on the highway
- Report a faulty street light
- Report overgrown vegetation / injurious weeds
- Report hazardous / fallen trees
- Report a trip hazard
- Report debris / obstruction / landslip
- Report Winter hazard
- Report defective road marking / sign
- Report damage to a highway structure
- Report faulty temporary traffic lights
- Report damaged fences / barriers
- Report a problem with a bus shelter
- Report an abandoned vehicle
- Report a damaged manhole cover / drain
- Report damaged / missing street furniture
- Report faulty permanent traffic lights
Report an abandoned vehicle
More from Travel, Roads & Parking