Paying your Council Tax
Your council tax is paid in 10 monthly instalments from April, unless you have asked to pay over 12 instalments. If you'd like to set up your payments over 12 months email: RevenueControls@carmarthenshire.gov.uk. Payments are due on or before the 15th of each month unless you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit. If you become liable for Council Tax during the year then your instalments will be adjusted according to the number of payment dates remaining.
The easiest and most convenient way to pay is by Direct debit.
- You can choose from 3 payment dates - 5th, 15th or 28th of each month.
- Setting up a Direct Debit is simple and free, and you can cancel them at any time by writing to your bank or building society.
- You don't have to renew your Direct Debit each year.
- Direct Debit is guaranteed by the banks and building societies involved, so if a mistake is made you will get a full and immediate refund.
You will be notified in writing of the amounts, dates and frequency of payments to be deducted from your account and of any changes 10 days in advance, to give you time to query them if necessary.
If the payment details change you must fill in a new direct debit form and the changes you agree are made automatically.
You can set up your Direct Debit over the phone on 01267 228602.
Alternatively you can print off the Direct Debit form, complete all sections and return to us at: Council Tax, Ty Elwyn, Town Hall Square, Llanelli, SA15 3AP.
You can pay at one of the Council’s payment offices:
- Ammanford Hwb, 41 Quay Street, Ammanford, SA18 3BS
- Carmarthen Hwb, 3, Spilman Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1LE
- Llanelli Hwb, 36 Stryd Stepney, Llanelli SA15 3TR
- Llandeilo Library, Crescent Road, Llandeilo, SA19 6HW (self-service cash and debit / credit cards only)
Please make cheques payable to Carmarthenshire County Council.
More from Council Tax