You can reserve up to 20 items, including books and audiobooks.
You can borrow books for up to 3 weeks.
You can renew your books online. Log in with your library card number and pin. You can also call the library and speak to one of our team.
You can download e-books and e-audio books from BorrowBox or RBDigital from our digital library as part of your library membership.
- Go to the Zinio website and login, you can browse the full collection or search for a specific magazine
- Click on the magazine you would like to read and click "Checkout" to read it online.
- To read it offline you can download the RBDigital app for iPad / Android.
- You can also choose to receive email notifications of when the next edition is available to read/download.
- Join the library if you are not already a member.
- Go to the Zinio e-Magazines website and click Create New Account
- Enter your library card number, PIN number and personal details and click "Create Account".
- You can change your preferences and set up notifications for e-Magazines by clicking on the icon at the top right-hand side of the website.
The eBook service allows 3 days for the eBook to be downloaded at which point the eBook is offered to the next reservation or returns to the eBook stock to be accessed by other users.
For PC/ MAC users and all readers compatible with Digital Restrictions Management (DRM), the eBooks are downloaded using the standard eBook software Adobe Digital Editions.
The first time you try to download an eBook you will be prompted to download and install Adobe Digital Editions if this software is not already on your PC/MAC.
No, if you have not finished with the eBook, you can download it again if there are no reservations attached to the eBook. If there are reservations then you will need to add your details to the reservation list and you will be notified when the eBook becomes available for you to loan.
The eBook is for a loan period of 21 days at which point the eBook will expire and will no longer be readable on your PC or eBook reader. The eBook then becomes available for another user to download.
- Join the library if you are not already a member
- On your tablet / smartphone download the BorrowBox app via your app store. If using your PC or MAC go direct to BorrowBox.
- Follow the instructions on screen and create an account using your library card.
- Browse the collection 24/7 by title, author or category. Preview titles before borrowing. Confirm your choice or reserve a title for later.
- Download your title instantly or at any time during the loan period. When reserved titles are ready for downloading you will receive an email to your registered address (updated via "My Account").
- Once logged in BorrowBox has a comprehensive help section and also provides technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, the eBook service allows you to reserve an eBook which has already been downloaded. If you wish to include your email address with the reservation you will be alerted as soon as the title becomes available.
Yes. Our Mobile library has a selection of iPads available, as well as free WIFI and printing facilities
Yes you can either do so online using your Library card number and pin, or via our driver during your visit to the van.
More from Libraries & Archives