If you have nowhere to stay tonight or are concerned you could become homeless call us on 01554 899389 during office hours (8:45am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday. Friday 8:45am - 4:30pm) outside of office hours call Delta Wellbeing on 0300 333 2222.
We will ask you some questions about you and your household, it would be useful if you have the following information to hand when you call us:
- names and dates of birth of everyone in your household
- five years of address history
- information on any medical conditions or support needs
- details of your income and any benefits you receive
If you're under 16 years old and your family or parents have told you to leave, call our Social Services team on 01554 742322. If you're over 16 years old call us on 01554 899389 or 0300 333 222 (outside of office hours), ideally we will want to speak to your family to see if we can help to sort the situation out. We will refer you to a support worker who will talk to you about the help you need. This might be things like finding somewhere to live, managing a tenancy, budgeting your money, education, training or employment. The support worker can also help you find help from other agencies too.
Remember, you don't have to be sleeping rough to be homeless or in danger of becoming homeless. You could be:
- at risk of violence or abuse in your home
- living in poor conditions
- unable to afford your mortgage or rent payments
- sofa surfing or staying temporarily at the home of family or friends
- living somewhere you have no legal right to stay e.g. in a squat
- living somewhere that is no longer suitable for you because of illness or disability
It is important that you seek advice as quickly as possible. The sooner you ask for help the better as we may be able to prevent you from becoming homeless. Getting help at an early stage can stop your housing problem becoming a crisis. Don't forget if you have nowhere to stay tonight call us as soon as possible.