Highways planning liaison
Highways planning liaison team will:
- Assist with statutory pre-planning enquiries submitted via our planning department.
- Where appropriate provide advice and recommendations to our planning department as a statutory consultee on the highways and transport implications of development proposals.
- Where appropriate provide responses to statutory pre application consultations (PAC).
Highways planning will not be able to assist with:
- Provide a design service
- Make the final decision on planning applications, this is done by planning.
- Deal with road adoptions
- Deal with highways searches
You can contact the team by emailing: email@example.com.
The Highways Design Guide was produced with a view to setting out its expectations for new development in the county. It provides guidance to developers and applicants on preparing transport proposals and providing transport infrastructure and services to support new development. It also sets out the associated requirements during planning and construction.
The Highways Design Guide serves to provide consistent information and to speed up the application process. As noted above, Highways Planning Liaison are not able to provide direct design input, as such it is recommended that applicants and/or their agents consult this document at the earliest opportunity to inform their proposals.
This document is to assist:
It will allow you to understand and apply all aspects of:
- potential highways impacts
- highways design
- the application of appropriate local and national policy guidance
The Design guide will provide clarity on the following:
- visibility splays
- car parking
- single access
- single access and lay-by
- agricultural access
- formation of an access
- vehicle turntables
- residential estate design
Please email any enquiries in relation to the design of developments to the PlanningHwb@carmarthenshire.gov.uk.
Below are some examples of the considerations HPL will make when assessing development proposals:
- Impact of the proposal on highway safety
- Compliance with highway design guide
- Compliance with local and national standards and policies
- Existing and future capacity of the wider highway network
- Compliance with the Active Travel Act
- Accessibility of the site by all modes of transport
- Parking for non-motorised and motorised vehicles
- Mitigation measures in relation to any impacts
- Travel plans
For highways and transport related enquiries that do not involve a planning application please visit our Travel, Roads & Parking pages.
FAQs - Planning
Extending / changing your home
- Lawful Development Certificate
- Pre-application advice service
- Householder planning permission
- Neighbouring properties / party walls
- Bats and nesting birds
- Conservation areas
- Listed buildings
Search for a planning application
Comment on a planning application
Submit a planning application
Pre-application consultation (PAC)
How planning decisions are made
Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS)
Breach of planning
Building a new house
Highways planning liaison
Major Planning Applications
- Local Development Plan 2006 - 2021
- LDP Review Report
- Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
- Affordable Housing
- Affordable Housing areas
- Annual Monitoring Report (AMR)
- Housing Land Supply
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
My Nearest - Planning information
- Understanding listing
- When is listed building consent required?
- Alterations to Listed Buildings
- Applying for listed building consent
- What happens after a decision on listed building consent has been made?
- Works to a listed building without consent
- Maintenance and Repair
- Further sources of information
Street naming & numbering
Local Development Plan 2018 - 2033
- Integrated Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Delivery Agreement
- Candidate Sites
- Inspector’s Report and Adoption
- Submission and Independent Examination
- Second Deposit Revised Local Development Plan
- Preferred Strategy (Pre-Deposit Public Consultation)
- Development of an evidence base
- Frequently asked questions
- First Deposit Revised LDP
Planning permission for developers
- Section 106: Affordable homes
- Section 106: Planning obligations
- Development Viability Model (DVM) Assessment Tool
Local Development Order (LDO)
Apply for Section 106 funds
Conservation & countryside
- Why biodiversity matters?
- Priority Species in Carmarthenshire
- Priority Habitats in Carmarthenshire
- Carmarthenshire Nature Partnership
- HLF Bogs project
- Marsh fritillary project
- Get out and about!
- Legislation and Guidance
- Protected sites
- Ash dieback disease
- Wildlife in your Ward
More from Planning