Planning Application Guide

Type of Planning Application

Category A - Major Development

  • Residential development of 10 or more dwellings
  • New floor space or change of use of 1,000 square metres or more or where the site area is one hectare or more
  • Development subject to an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
  • Minerals and Waste

Category B – Minor development

  • Residential development of between 1-9 dwellings or where the site area is below 0.5 hectares
  • New floor space or change of use of less than 1,000 square metres or where the site area is less than one hectare

Category C – Householder and other development

  • Householder applications
  • Telecommunications development
  • Agricultural Prior Notifications
  • Listed Building consent
  • Advertisement consent
  • Certificate of Lawfulness for a proposed use or development
  • Certificate of Lawfulness for an existing use or development
  • Conservation Area consent
  • Tree Preservation Order consent
  • Trees in a Conservation Area consent
  • Hedgerows

apply online for planning permission