Email/text message collection reminders
You can now sign up to receive either email or text message reminders for your recycling and black bag collections.
This new service will be launched in January 2023 at the same time as we make some changes to your recycling and black bag collections.
From January 23 2023:
- We will be collecting glass from homes every three weeks
- Your blue bag will be collected every week, along with your green food bin
- Black bags will also be collected every three weeks, maximum of 3 bags
This means your collection days could also be changing.
To make it easier, we are launching this reminder service to let you know what is being collected and when.
It also includes reminders for hygiene/nappy waste and garden waste if you are signed up for these services.
How do I sign up?
If you haven’t already got a Hwb account, you will need to create one. Tick the box to choose either email or text reminders as you go through the registration process.
If you already have a Hwb account, you will need to log in and change your preferences.
To do this:
- Simply click on your name in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose ‘Edit Profile’.
- Click on 'Preferences' and then tick the box for bin collection reminders and choose either email or text.
It costs us to send text messages, but emails are free, so we would encourage you to choose this option if possible.
To unsubscribe or change your preferences for this service:
- Log into your Hwb account
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner
- Choose ‘Edit Profile’
- Click on Preferences and untick box/amend
If you have changed address since setting up your Hwb account, please check and update your details in order to receive the correct information.
Recycling, Bins and Litter
Recycling / bin collections
- Black bags
- Report a missed bin collection
- A-Z of recycling
- Waste/recycling collection disruptions
- Email/text message collection reminders
- Glass collection service
Blue bags - Recycling
Electrical / Electronic waste
Hygiene and nappy waste
Future changes to recycling and bin collections
Event waste and recycling guide
More from Recycling, Bins and Litter