Gambling premises licence

Page updated on: 31/01/2018

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Following guidance from Welsh Government, we've produced specific guidance and downloadable resources to help you prepare to re-open your business. This underpins the 5-step approach published by UK Government.

Please continue to visit our Newsroom for the latest information. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

We issue gambling premises licences and may authorise the provision of gambling facilities in:

  • Casino premises
  • Bingo premises
  • Betting premises, including tracks
  • Adult gaming centres
  • Family entertainment centres

Premises licences may only be issued to people with a relevant gambling operators licence (except in the case of tracks where the occupier of the track who gets the premises licence may not be the person who actually offers the gambling). For example, to obtain a bingo premises licence, the applicant must hold a bingo operating licence.  Premises licences are transferable to someone else who holds a valid operating licence.


An annual fee for a premises licence is payable in the first year, 30 days after the permit is granted and then each subsequent year on the anniversary of the granting of the permit.

Apply for a licence

You are advised to read the relevant guidance and policy documents and contact the licensing section with any queries prior to completing an application.

You must make your application in person at one of our customer service centres. You will need to provide the following items:

  • Completed application form
  • Supporting documents
  • Fee

Download an application form (.pdf)