Licence to plant flowers, shrubs or trees
You only need to apply for a licence if you are a town or community council and wish to plant flowers, shrubs or trees on a verge or roundabout.
How to apply?
You will need the following information:
- Name of road and plan of precise location of site
- Width of road
- Width of verge
- Full details of flowers, shrubs and trees including the size of hole needed to plant them.
- Expected width and height of plants when they are mature.
Terms and conditions of the licence
- In the case of emergencies, the County Council and service providers reserve the right to remove any plants and will not be liable to pay for any damage.
- The planting must not obstruct visibility of drivers at junctions and/or bends, or private entrances.
- Applicants are advised that any planting should not enclose the highway and that the land, the subject of the licence, remains highway over which the public are free to exercise their rights of passage.
- Maintenance of the planting is the responsibility of the licensee.
- The licence shall be annexed to papers relating to the premises and shall remain in force until withdrawn by the authority.
- Additional conditions relating to any approvals.
There is no charge for this application. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your application to be assessed. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensing & Permits
What licences do you need to trade outdoors?
Alcohol & entertainment licences
- Club premises certificate
- Premises licence
- Personal licence
- Temporary Event Notices
- Comment on a licence application
- Making a complaint about a licensed premises
- Renewing / cancelling your licence
- Annual fees
- Requesting a review
Charity collection permit
Holiday caravan site licence
Mobile homes – Residential site licence
Scrap Metal Dealer Licence
Sex establishments licence
Street café licence - Trading outdoors
Street trading licence
Taxi/Private Hire Licences
- Dual driver licence
- Hackney carriage licence
- Private hire operator licence
- Private hire vehicle licence
- Taxi/private hire licence fees
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
Hoarding / fence licence
More from Licensing & Permits