Help with your bond
Carmarthenshire Bond Scheme is run by Pobl and funded by Welsh Government. The Bond team assist people into private rented accommodation who would be unable to afford to raise the funds required for a Bond themselves.
Assisting individuals, couples and families into private rented accommodation by providing a Bond Guarantee Certificate which is recognised by landlords across Carmarthenshire. The Bond Guarantee Certificate replaces the cash bond, which is needed as a deposit for a rental property. The Bond team will assess you to see if they are able to help you with a bond. You will need to be:
- homeless or threatened with homelessness
- have a local connection to Carmarthenshire
- claiming benefits or on minimum wage
Key benefits of the Bond Scheme
- support you to complete application forms and offer you housing advice including information about the local authority housing allowance and signpost you to relevant agencies.
- hold ‘drop in sessions’ on Tuesdays & Thursdays 10am-12 at The Hub, 36 Stepney Street, Llanelli, SA15 3TR. To book an appointment please contact the Bond Scheme on 01554 899327
- issue bond certificates to landlords which covers the landlord for any possible damage or rent arrears at the end of the tenancy.
- provide advice to you and your landlord on how to have a successful tenancy and discuss the legal responsibilities of signing a tenancy agreement.
- carry out a follow-up 2-month support visit after you have signed your tenancy to ensure there are no issues.
- Swap your home
- Pest Control
- Tenants Contents Insurance
- Get Involved
- Ending your occupation contract (council tenancy)
- Antisocial behaviour
- Fitness for Human Habitation
Pay your rent
Request a repair
Housing advice and support
Heating your home
Home Improvement Loans
Adapting your home
Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016
Find a home to rent
- New homes
- Help with your bond
- Your rights
- Local lettings policy
- Valid Identification documents
- Completed Housing Developments
My Nearest - Housing
Find a home to buy
Shared Equity Homeowners
More from Housing