Tenancy Ready

Page updated on: 05/09/2023












You will need to sign an Occupation Contract. Your contract is a legal document which outlines what your responsibilities are and what your landlord’s responsibilities are.

There are different contract types:

Secure contract
For applicants who will become tenants of the Council or a Housing Association (social landlords). Social landlords are now known as community landlords and tenants as contract holders.

Standard contract
For applicants who become tenants of a private landlord. Sometimes we will use this contract for people moving into temporary accommodation, alongside a notice.

For some applicants moving into temporary accommodation.