Free parking in town centres
As one of the initiatives to boost trade in the retail, hospitality and business sectors in Carmarthenshire’s Towns, we will as part of a larger planned campaign or event, waiver fees in its car parks on five separate occasions per town throughout the year*.
With over 15,000 free spaces being made available per annum, this benefit has proved to be a major additional incentive to increase footfall in the towns and can be complemented through other projects including our Event Organisers Circle and funding for event organisers.
Free parking can be in the following locations:
- Ammanford: Margaret Street/Lloyd Street, Carregamman, Wind Street Baltic, Hall Street
- Carmarthen: St Peters, John Street, Quayside, Lammas Street, Friars Park, Blue Street, Priory Street, County Hall, 3 Spilman Street, Parc Myrddin, Station approach, Coach/bus station approach
- Llandeilo: Crescent Road
- Llandovery: Castle
- Llanelli: Murray Street Multi Storey, Church Street, Thomas/Edgar Street, Vauxhall Road, East Gate
- Newcastle Emlyn: Mart Cawdor, Castle
- St Clears Pentre Road
The discretionary arrangements are subject to the following conditions:
- Must support the whole of a town and are not specific to one or a select group of retailers
- Events must be organised through a town centre management group where the Council is represented or a similar organisation
- The total number of event days must not exceed five in any one year, a year being April to March
- Be agreed at least one month in advance
- Whilst the discretion will only apply to council operated car parks, the event organisers must demonstrate evidence that any private sector car park operator in a town has been approached to match the investment from the County Council
- All events must be promoted in partnership with the Marketing & Media section of the County Council. Our support is to be acknowledged in all marketing including PR and tags to our accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
- *Excludes December
More from Funding