Personal Assistant Pool Service (Direct Payments)
The proper handling of personal information by Carmarthenshire County Council is very important to the delivery of our services and maintaining public confidence.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. The terms ‘information’ and ‘personal data’ are used throughout this privacy notice and have the same meaning.
To ensure that the Council treats personal information correctly, we seek to adhere in full to the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. The purpose for which we use your personal data
We’ll use the information you provide for the purpose of delivering the Personal Assistant Pool service.
The personal data you provide will therefore be used to:
- Identify and record details of Personal Assistants who are actively looking for work opportunities in Carmarthenshire
- Help Direct Payment recipients with the process of recruiting a Personal Assistant
We’ll also contact you periodically to check that your details are up to date and to alert you of relevant information in relation to workforce development.
Your information will be stored securely at all times and in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
We don’t rely on consent to process your personal data - the lawful basis for the processing of your information is that it we need to do so to perform a task in the public interest, or for our official functions. The Personal Assistant Pool service has a basis in law, namely the Social Services & Well-being Act 2014.
2. What type of information do we use?
We collect the following types of personal data to deliver this service:
- Date of birth
- Gender or gender identification
- Unique reference number
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Employment and education details
- Whether you have a Disclosure and Barring Service certificate
This information will be used to compile your Personal Assistant profile.
3. Do we use information received from other sources?
No, to provide this service, we only collect personal data directly from you.
4. Transferring your information abroad
We use Microsoft Office 365 to process all electronic documents under the terms of a strict agreement, which safeguards your information. This personal data is hosted on servers outside the UK, but only in EU countries which are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We don’t transfer any other information about you outside of the UK.
5. Who has access to your information?
We share your personal data only when there is a need for us to do so. When we do this, we provide the minimum amount of information that is necessary in each case to the following:
- An anonymised version of your Personal Assistant profile is shared with Direct Payment recipients to help them decide who to recruit
- Once they’ve decided who to recruit, your contact details are shared with Direct Payment recipients to that they can make contact with the Personal Assistants of their choice
There are other specific situations where we might be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where we are required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
- Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
6. How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for up to 6 years following the end of your involvement in the service.
7. Your Data Protection rights
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to the personal data that Carmarthenshire Council is processing about you
- Have any inaccurate or incomplete information rectified (corrected)
- Withdraw your consent to processing, where this is the only basis for the processing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body in the UK which protects information rights
In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- The erasure of your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Data portability
8. Contact details
For more information regarding this privacy notice and your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Carmarthenshire County Council
Contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office along with further guidance on Data Protection legislation can be found on the ICO website.