Social Care and Health Protection Team - Flu vaccination amongst school-aged children project
The proper handling of personal information by Carmarthenshire County Council is very important to the delivery of our services and maintaining public confidence.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. The terms ‘information’ and ‘personal data’ are used throughout this privacy notice and have the same meaning.
To ensure that the Council treats personal information correctly, we seek to adhere in full to the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. The purpose for which we use your personal data
We use the information that we collect about you and your child for the purpose of making contact with you as a parent or guardian, to encourage the return of the school vaccination consent form to your child’s school.
The lawful basis for the processing this information is to perform a task in the public interest and public health.
2. What type of information do we use?
We collect the following types of personal data to deliver this service:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Mobile telephone number
3. Do we use information received from other sources?
To carry out this project, we receive your child’s full name, date of birth, gender, school year and class from the Hywel Dda University Health Board (HDdUHB) School Nursing Team.
4. Transferring your information abroad
We use Microsoft Office 365 to process all of our emails under the terms of a strict agreement, which safeguards your information. This personal data is hosted on servers outside of the UK, but only in EU countries which are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We don’t transfer any other information about you outside of the UK.
5. Who has access to your information?
The Social Care and Health Protection Team will share the information received from the HDdUHB with the Council’s MIS and Data Team in order to match the names of the children who have not returned the consent form with their parent or guardian’s name and telephone number. This combined data will then be returned to the Social Care and Health Protection Team in order to make the necessary telephone calls. Note that the Social Care and Health Protection Team will not share this information with any other organisation.
There are also other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where we are required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
- Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
6. How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information during the period that flu vaccinations are being carried out by the Hywel Dda University Health Board and dispose of it securely once the exercise has been completed.
7. Your Data Protection rights
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to the personal data that Carmarthenshire Council is processing about you
- Have any inaccurate or incomplete information rectified (corrected)
- Withdraw your consent to processing, where this is the only basis for the processing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body in the UK which protects information rights
In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- The erasure of your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Data portability
8. Contact details
For more information regarding this privacy notice and your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Carmarthenshire County Council
Contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office along with further guidance on Data Protection legislation can be found on the ICO website.