Drugs / alcohol misuse

Page updated on: 06/09/2023

Tackling substance misuse is a complex issue because its effects are broad ranging and not always visible for all to see. Our Substance Misuse Team are here to support you if:

  • you are over 18 and worried about your own misuse of drugs or alcohol
  • caring for an adult with a drug or alcohol problem

They will be able to offer you confidential advice on the telephone and an appointment if you wish to discuss your problems and get the help you need. You can call them on 01554 744343. 

If you are under 18 and concerned about your own misuse of drugs or alcohol or worried that your child may be using drugs call Choices on 01554 755779 or text: 07896248911.

If you're a young person that is worried about your parents drug or alcohol misuse contact Young Carers Service on 01554 742630 or e-mail:  Youngcarersservice@carmarthenshire.gov.uk. At Carmarthenshire Young Carers, there will be someone who:

  • you can talk to who will understand
  • can link you with other young people in the same situation
  • can talk to you and your mum and dad about other people who can help

Outside of office hours call the all Wales Drug & Alcohol Helpline free on: 0808 808 2234.