Household Waste Recycling Centre Permits
Household Waste Recycling Centres are facilities provided for Carmarthenshire residents County to dispose of household waste.
To make sure that only household waste is disposed in our Centres and to prevent commercial use, we provide Household Waste Recycling Permits to residents who use certain types of vehicles, such as small/medium vans or single cab compact pick-ups.
These permits are administered jointly by CWM Environmental and Carmarthenshire County Council and we need to collect and use personal data to administer them.
The proper handling of your personal data is very important to the delivery of this service and maintaining public confidence.
Personal data is any information that relates to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified from the information. The terms ‘information’ and ‘personal data’ are used throughout this privacy notice and have the same meaning.
To ensure that we deal with personal information correctly, we seek to adhere in full to the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
This privacy notice has therefore been produced to explain as clearly as possible what we do with your personal data.
1. The purpose for which we use your personal data
The information we collect about you will be used for the purposes of providing you with a Household Waste Recycling Permit to enable you to use our facilities at Trostre, Nantycaws, Wernddu and Whitland.
The Council and CWM Environmental Ltd are joint controllers of the personal data used for the purpose of providing and administering permits.
The legal basis for the processing of your information is to exercise authority to provide these services in accordance with the Environment Protection Act 1990.
2. What type of information do we use?
We collect the following types of personal data about you to issue a permit:
- Mobile and home telephone number
- Email address
We also ask you for your V5C registration document and one other document to prove that you are a Carmarthenshire resident. Once we’ve processed your application for a permit, we delete these documents.
3. Do we use information received from other sources?
To deliver this service, we only collect personal data directly from you and do not obtain information about you from any other source.
4. Transferring your information abroad
Your information will not be transferred outside the United Kingdom.
5. Who has access to your information?
We do not normally share your information with anyone else.
However, there are some specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- Where the Council is required to provide the information by law
- Where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime
- Where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
6. How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for 18 months from the date of your application for a permit
7. Your Data Protection rights
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to the personal data that Carmarthenshire Council is processing about you
- Have any inaccurate or incomplete information rectified (corrected)
- Withdraw your consent to processing, where this is the only basis for the processing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent body in the UK which protects information rights
In some circumstances, you may have the right to:
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- The erasure of your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal information
- Data portability
8. Contact details
For more information regarding this privacy notice and your rights, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Carmarthenshire County Council
Tel: 01267 224127
Contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office along with further guidance on Data Protection legislation can be found on the ICO website.