Valid Identification documents

Page updated on: 14/07/2021

If you want to apply for housing you need to provide ID, please book an appointment to bring in your documents.

One of the following documents;

  • Current valid passport
  • Current Photo card driving licence (UK) full or provisional
  • Full Birth Certificate (UK & Chanel Island) – issued at the time of birth
  • Adoption certificates
  • (for asylum seekers and those given leave to remain) Biometric Residence Permits

Alternatively, if you do not have any of the documents listed above.

Any three of the following;

  • Non-photo valid driving licence
  • Birth certificate (issues after the time of birth)
  • Marriage/civil partnership certificate
  • HM forces ID card
  • National Insurance Number card
  • Mortgage statement*
  • Bank/Building Society Statement*
  • Credit card statement*
  • Pension documentation*
  • P45/P60 statement*
  • Council tax statement*
  • Work permit/Visa*
  • Utility Bill*
  • Benefits letter*
  • EU national identity card*
  • Pay slips*
  • Bank statements print outs stamped by the bank*

NB: Documents marked with an * must be recent documents - no older than 6 months.

Book an appointment