Pupil Development Grant (PDG) Access
The Welsh Government has introduced a PDG Access Grant, to provide financial assistance to families on low incomes to help with the purchase of:
- School uniform including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for enrichment activities, including but not limited to, scouts; guides; cadets; martial arts; sports; performing arts or dance;
- Equipment e.g. school bags and stationery;
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hour’s trips such as outdoor learning e.g. waterproofs.
- IT equipment, such as mobile phones and tablets, are excluded from this funding.
Who is eligible?
Funding is available to pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals entering:
- Reception class of maintained primary schools in September 2019;
- Year 3 of maintained Primary Schools in September 2019;
- Year 7 of maintained Secondary Schools in September 2019;
- Year 10 of maintained Secondary Schools in September 2019;
- Pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units who are aged 4 or 11 in September 2019.
The funding is also available to all looked after children of compulsory school age.
Funding of up to £125 is available to each eligible learner, with those in Year 7 being entitled to a maximum of £200.
How to apply?
Photocopies of original itemised receipts must be submitted with your application as proof of purchase.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2020. Please return your completed application form to: Education Services, PDG Access, Building 2, St David’s Park, Jobs Well Road, Carmarthen SA31 3HB
More from Education & Schools